“The Many Faces of Dance Music” is a series of blog posts that I do to help people further understand the differences in various genres of music (specifically electronic music). The amount of genres in electronic dance music (EDM) is vast and can become very confusing to people who are not so “in the know” so to speak. Here, I try to dive in and explain, with examples, of what makes every genre different and what makes them tick.
Below, you’ll find all the current installments in the series, conveniently linked for easy access (as well as a new menu page). If there’s a specific genre you’d like me to cover, let me know! I’m sure it’s already in the pipeline!
- The Many Faces Of Dance Music: Introduction
- The Many Faces of Dance Music: Hard Trance
- The Many Faces Of Dance Music: Psy-Trance
- The Many Faces Of Dance Music: Progressive Trance
- The Many Faces of Dance Music: Trance
- The Many Faces of Dance Music: Uplifting/Melodic Trance